error message

ole1999 15:08 07 Aug 03

hello
everytime i start up my p.c windows xp, i keep getting invalid backup file id 137903, anyone any the wiser?

thanks

Fateful Shadow 15:11 07 Aug 03

Have you installed anything recently...hardware or software?

Also, can you use your computer after the error message?

ole1999 15:15 07 Aug 03

hi there, yes i have spybot actually
thanks

ole1999 15:16 07 Aug 03

i can still use it yes, just have to click ok and its fine, just everytime i start up

Fateful Shadow 15:22 07 Aug 03

Did the error message only occur after you had installed spybot? If it is, then it is probable that it is something to do with that. If it isn't then we'll have to wait for a more advanced user to try to help.

Sorry!

ole1999 15:27 07 Aug 03

it was straight after i installed spybot yes

cheers

Fateful Shadow 15:31 07 Aug 03

It might have something to do with your spybot...i can't remember the exact name...'definitions' for the program. If you can find an update button on the program and update these definitions, then restart.

It may not be to do with the definition things, but thats my guess. No harm can come of it...unless anyone else has a better idea...which they most likely will

User-312386 15:34 07 Aug 03

go to start>run type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and /)

Have you XP disc to hand

If the above does not work

go to start>all programmes>accessories>system tools>system restore

Now click on the "radio button" that says "restore my computer to an earlier time", click on next and then restore it to before spybot was installed

Fateful Shadow 15:34 07 Aug 03

You might want to have a look at the 'Spybot S&D' website.

Here is the link for the contact page...click here

ole1999 15:34 07 Aug 03

ok mate, i will give that a try

thanks alot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…