Error mesage. Can't get registry value...

User-394903 01:14 17 May 06

Hi,
A HP Pavilion a1338.uk running Win XP Home with SP2 crashed while surfing. I had to turn it off at the wall. I have a system recovery disc that I used. On completion of the system recovery process, I found that I had lost my internet connection, which was bt broadband. Using a BT broadband cd I attempted to establish reconnection. It was during this process that I keep getting the error message >Can't get registry value: key=software\Globespan Virata\value=driver type and as a result I have disconnected the HP Pavilion a1338.uk pc. Can someone please help. I thank you in advance.

remind 12:11 17 May 06

look on your broadband cd for a program called doctor 105 or similar, can sometimes be found on aol cds in the drivers\btvoyager folder. run it to remove the driver and old entries, re-install modem drivers.

User-394903 00:38 18 May 06

Hi Remind,
When I posted my original post, it was on an older pc running Win XP Home with SP2. To get an idea of what you mean (I'm not very pc literate when it comes to sorting out pc problems) I put the BT Broadband cd in the drive but it auto-runs and am not exactly sure as to how to access the the 'Doctor 105'. Clearly I must do something before the cd goes into auto-run. Please advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…