Error Log in Windows XP

williamj 15:01 PM 10 Mar 12

My error log under 'Source' "Service Control Manager" under 'Description' shows "The OMSCAN service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." My P.C. starts up O.K. but I would like to know how I can identify the file that is mising, and what OMSCAN actually means.

Nontek 15:16 PM 10 Mar 12

enter link description here

It does not 'do' anything - this link may help you get rid!

northumbria61 15:29 PM 10 Mar 12

The only reference I find for OMSCAN mentions the possibility that this is related to HP Open Mail server or, possibly, scanner software, such as Omnipage: OR you may have been infected.

Have you intentionally or unknowingly downloaded and installed any software from OMNITECH, and it is interfering with the functioning of your system.

There may be something here to help - have a read through all the information here. enter link description here

williamj 10:15 AM 11 Mar 12

Thanks Guys. checked SYSEDIT and SYSTEM.INI & WIN.INI and no reference to OMSCAN. There maybe a problem with my HP psi 2100 all in one printer as there is a Yellow exclamation mark at "Dot4 HPZ12 psc 2100(Dot 4). The printer still operates satisfactorily. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer but the yellow exclamation mark still persists.

northumbria61 11:56 AM 11 Mar 12

Try a driver update from HP enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things