Error Log = ccPwdSvc

chrisinireland 17:24 17 Feb 04

Hello,i have started a few post about this problem i am getting but still i havent got to the bottom of the error,
well its like this
everytime i play a game like halo, gunmetal or medal of honor, everthing seems fine until i get into it and bang the game either freeses up my whole computer or restarts it,
when i boot up again and check the error log,
i go to application log there are normal information scripts that are called ccPwdSvc.
there is alway 2 or 3 of them an the last one always says Application Terminated, and the first one says Application Started. Whatever it is it is *!@:ing me off, i like to play games online and i cant because it always freeses and stuff.

i just had the pc newly built last friday specs are
3.2ghz processor
1GB of ddr pci 3200 ram
Nvidia GEForce FX 5900XT
Nforce 2 MoberBoard
Windows 2000 Pro with fully updated SP1

Im im leaving Out n e thing tell me.

AubreyS 17:39 17 Feb 04

Take a look at this click here It could be a virus.

pc moron 17:47 17 Feb 04

The error seems to be something to do with Norton Anti-virus or Norton Internet Security.

If you're running NIS while playing the game, disable it and see what happens.

If the game plays okay then at least we're on the right track.

If you highlight an error, Action, Properties, it may explain what is happening and give a link to Microsoft for more info.

Yes, a search did reveal ccPwdSvc. to be something to do with Norton firewall.

chrisinireland 18:01 17 Feb 04

its not a error lads its just an information script that says allpication terminated insde it and some say application started
i have norton antivirus installed could this be a problem

chrisinireland 18:30 17 Feb 04

i tried playing medal of honor there now with my antivirus disabled but still it frose and i have to hold the button in for 5 secs to switch it off.
i had a chack when i restarted in the error log and there agin was the ccPwdSvc one with application started and one with application terminated.
could there be n e software i have doing this or is it a faulty graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…