Error Loading TCP/IP

Scott 21:21 19 Nov 04

I can make a connection to my ISP (Freenetname) but cannot send or receive e-mails. When I try to access internet sites using Explorer I get "The page cannot be displayed" and, at the bottom of the page, "Cannot find server or DNS error - Internet Explorer"
In Outlook I get two error messages - An error occurred loading TCP/IP. Account: "Freenetname", SMTP Server: "smtpmail.freenetname.co.uk", Error Number: 0x800ccc43)... and, An error occurred loading TCP/IP. (Account: "Freenetname", POP3 Server: "mail.freenetname.co.uk", Error Number: 0x800ccc43).
I've checked and double-checked my settings, re-installed ME, my office programme and Internet Explorer. I've tried various suggestions from previous postings but nothing works!
Any help would be appreciated.
Scott

VoG II 21:24 19 Nov 04
  Scott 11:05 20 Nov 04

Dear VoG - To say that I am impressed would be an understatement! All problems resolved with this fix. Many thanks.
Scott

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…