Error loading Operating System

ikle_pixie 11:22 05 Mar 03

I got to 4% of formatting during the installation of XP and it froze. I waited a while but nothing happened, so i restarted it. Now when it boots it says error loading Operating system...i hate XP so now im stuck....help!

ikle_pixie 11:22 05 Mar 03

I've tried to format it to NTFS..

ikle_pixie 11:26 05 Mar 03

nevermind

MAJ 11:28 05 Mar 03

Does that mean you got it sorted, ikle_pixie?

Lozzy 11:28 05 Mar 03

If you have solved the issue please tick it as resolved. If thats what "Nevermind" means. Or come back if the problem persists

Thank you

D103 19:41 18 Apr 03

I have incounter the same problem after inadvertently cutting of the power supply at 94% complete. I'm stuck. If there is an answer please advise me.

tony d

AndySD 19:49 18 Apr 03

D103

had you already entered an Admin Password?

Rayuk 19:51 18 Apr 03

If you have a Windows98 start up disk use it and fdisk and delete any partitions including Non MS Dos.
Then start again with your WindowsXP cdrom installation.

Rayuk 17:13 22 Apr 03

via e-mail
Sorry for not responing sooner. Thak you for the help. I have tried the Boot disk (98). but the system still does not get passed the error message. I have reset the BIOS and started the system and the following messages are displayed:- CMOS Battery Low, CMOS Memory Size Wrong. Press F1 to Run SETUP, Press F2 to load default values and continue. I have pressed F2 and the error message appears:- CPU is not working properly or has changed. Please check SOFT MENU. Press any key to continue. When I do this it returns me to the setup menue. Here I'm stuck I don't know what to alter, if anything. Thank you for any advise.
Have you had the motherboard for long,re message showing CMOS battery low if so replace battery.

AndySD 11:19 23 Apr 03

In resetting the bios you will need to go back into setup as the pc boots and reset the either the cpu settings and/or the fsb speed. Can you tell us your processor and ram speed.

D103 19:03 27 Apr 03

RAYUK got it right. I had mistakenly connected the floppy disk cable the wrong way round. Once I corrected this the 98 disk worked a treat. The system is now up and running fine. Thanks everyone for your help.

Tony Doherty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac