error loading c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll ?

Giggle n' Bits 00:46 26 Nov 03

this dialog box pops up when starting pc into XP Home desktop it has the title of RUNDLL and says something like A Dynamic Liny Library file ..

I have a feeling this is related to a nVidia driver and a missing dll file.

Can someone please confirm and tell us of a possible fix.

smegs 00:48 26 Nov 03

click here go here to download the file.

smegs 00:49 26 Nov 03
  smegs 00:50 26 Nov 03

R U overclocking Ur G/Card????

Giggle n' Bits 00:54 26 Nov 03

its not my machine, but I think my friend has been tinkering with the display settings or just unlucky.

Thanks smegs for the links

smegs 00:56 26 Nov 03

I've had a look on click here , & there seems to be a lot saying download the up to date drivers.

Giggle n' Bits 01:03 26 Nov 03

Yes I did a search at Goolge and find uninstalling then installing the newer Nvid drivers to cure it.

Will try it tomorrow as I have to get some sleep now.

Thanks for the call smegs and you help !.

Giggle n' Bits 01:05 26 Nov 03

I can download that dll file ok and now how to extract it with Winzip, but where or how or what do you actuall do when you have the dll file downloaded ?

PapaPumpkin 05:32 26 Nov 03

Yes, the missing NvCpl.dll is associated with your nVidia driver. As you have downloaded a replacement for the corrupted/damaged file, extract it to C:\temp and then move it to C:\windows\system32. You may have the existing file remaining so just click "yes" if you are asked if you want to replace it.

Have a look at the nVidia website for the latest driver for Win2K/XP and search for "stub32i.exe" or "45.23_win2kxp_english_whql". The latest driver will be listed as one of these. Download and install.

I had this problem last week when, after downloading a beta version of "BootSkin", my computer woudn't reboot properly.

Best of luck.

Giggle n' Bits 14:17 26 Nov 03

I know how to extraxt it using winzip but when I do extract it do I create a new folder as you say C/temp ? then do I move the whole folder or just the dll file to the Sys32 folder/file in XP

I am nipping round soon to my freind as its her computer, not mine (her Bro had installed some DTP software which since then it all gone haywire.)

smegs 00:32 27 Nov 03

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. U will need to fined the Nvidia folder and just transfer the "NvCpl.dll" file. If the old file is still in the Nvidia folder, just over write it. Good luck. Shaun

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…