Error Loading....

ste1403 15:16 19 Jun 08

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me with this eror box that keeps poppin up everytime my laptop boots up.

Error Loading: C:\users\steve\APPData\Local\Temp\gcBqQKaa.dll

specified module could not be found.

Can anyone tell me if this would have any effect on how the computer runs or the internet speed. Because ever since this started popping up the laptop and internet has been running mega slow.

chub_tor 16:42 19 Jun 08

If it is is the Temp folder then it is probably left over from a programme or file that you have opened on your machine. You can delete it manually using Windows Explorer if you feel confident about that, leave it in the Recycle bin for a few days to see if it needs to go back (unlikely). Or you can download CCleaner click here and it should get rid of it for you as it will clean all your temp folders if asked to.

Yes it is possible that it could slow down your machine.

You might also want to try running AdAware click here and Spybot click here these are excellent tools for getting rid of unwanted items on your PC

brundle 16:45 19 Jun 08

Looks like typical spyware, run the anti-spyware software recommended above ASAP

C3 16:46 19 Jun 08

It looks like a file created by some spyware or trojan that you have deleted at some point.

The entry is still in the startup and as you've already got rid of the file, that is why you are getting that error message.

You'll need to access your startup menu and untick the entry for this file.

To get into startup on Vista: (There is probably an easier way!)

Right-click the start button, go to properties, you need to find the menu that allows you to turn on the RUN Command option. Once you've done that, click on Start, Click Run, type in msconfig and click the startup tab, then take out anything you don't feel is needed including the file you mentioned above.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better description, but I don't have Vista and I'm doing it by memory!

Kingfisher 18:31 19 Jun 08

have a look in msconfig see if the dll file is listed under startup tab, if it is untick it.
To get to msconfig go to start > run type msconfig then press enter then click selective startup tab and look for the dll file and untick. leave it on selective start up and reboot, when pc boots up you will get a message, just tick box saying do not show this message again.
Good luck

ste1403 22:54 19 Jun 08

done. thanx a lot all is well now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…