error installing iKernel.exe????

gizzyx 21:00 15 Dec 03

just fitted a new dvd+r/rw drive in my pc. when i try to install the bundled software (intervideo)
windvd recorder
windvd creator
dvd copy
disc master
i get the following message:
error installing iKernel.exe (0x1200)
does anyone know how to fix this.

LastChip 21:45 15 Dec 03

The ikernal is an installation engine and it has been updated.

Please read this page click here download the updated engine (item 4) and see if that solves your problem.

gizzyx 21:54 15 Dec 03

thanx, woodchip will give it a try.

gizzyx 21:56 15 Dec 03

sorry, lastchip! oops!!!

gizzyx 19:24 19 Dec 03

i've been pulling my hair out with this one all week. nothing i have tried will sort this out.the disc is ok as the apps instal o.k. on two other pc's (o.k. o.k. eula and all that, just for test purposes!!!) well, today as a last resort, i have reformatted the hdd, reinstalled windows and all the necessary drivers etc shut down all running apps except explorer and systray, tried again to install the software and guess what? still the same error. GRRRRRRR. the only thing i've noticed is that when the pc boots after the message:- mode prepare code page function (850 or something)... the next line says mode select code page function is not available on this device. could this have any bearing on the problem? this message was there both before and after the reinstall.

LastChip 22:41 20 Dec 03

Which operating system are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…