Error installing iKernal.exe

Billy911 14:20 14 Jul 05

When I try to run a data CD the error message appears:

Error installing iKernal.exe:
The specified network name is no longer available.

I'm not on a network (except dialup Internet) and run Win2KPro (Service pack 4). Other CDs work fine. There is also a problem with the pagefile (ie it doesn't exist) but I don't think the problems are related. Does anybody know why this message keeps appearing?

Billy911 13:27 15 Jul 05

I read in a book about viruses/security that Administrators should make all .exe & .com programs Read-only to help protect the system against viruses. when I tried to install a program that was on a CD I got the error message as above. When I put all the .exe & .com programs back to normal (ie able to write to) the problem disappeared.

I read in a book about viruses/security that Administrators should make all .exe & .com programs Read-only to help protect the system against viruses. when I tried to install a program that was on a CD I got the error message as above. When I put all the .exe & .com programs back to normal (ie able to write to) the problem disappeared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac