ERROR ILLEGAL OPERATION

artizan 10:32 09 Dec 04

When I print on HP Desk jet 710C, ERROR message comes up saying illegal operation . System will be closed down. Message is HPFVLS13 caused a protection fault in module HPFVLS13.exe. System does not close but how can I stop message?

Gongoozler 10:43 09 Dec 04

Have you checked that you have the latest drivers? click here

Mango Grummit 10:53 09 Dec 04

Seems to be a common problem --

To: Hewlett-Packard Company

Build a better computer, and the world will beat a path to your door, right? That's the thinking anyway, and I have a suggestion for Hewlett-Packard Company that I hope will be helpful to you. My suggestion deals with desktop hardware.

I have a Deskjet 712C printer and have been very satisfied with its performance. However, whenever a print job is completed a window with the following message appears: "Hpfvls13 has caused an error in HPFVLS13.EXE. Hpfvls13 will now now close." This window will stay on screen until closed out or will lock up my computer. At times, this will happen in the middle of a print job and the only way to clear is to restart computer thus losing whatever I'm working with. I have tried to uninstall the printer and reinstall without success. Please advise! This was so annoying I just had to write.

This was so annoying I just had to write. For the most part, I really don't feel one way or the other about the computers you make. It's debatable whether I'll buy your products in the future , and I might steer my friends to other computer hardware makers.

Thanks for listening to me, and I hope to hear from you soon.

John S.
Hertford, NC

For the above see here click here

Also see click here

Although I didn't find a cure (is there one?) there seems to be a pattern -- conflict with notepad -- but not exclusively that.

I would delete driver and reinstall to see if that makes a difference. HP Printer drivers are known to be finicky!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…