Error HTTP-403-9

Hetti 20:58 24 May 08

I have just reset PC to factory settings and IE7 but now when I try to open browser I getting this error message http-403-9.Access forbidden, too many users

win XP ,
IE 7

MAT ALAN 21:25 24 May 08

click here

you need to increase the 10 limit of ISS, default in XP Pro....

recap 21:32 24 May 08

click here it may help?

Hetti 21:50 24 May 08

MAT ALAN
I had seen that link before I posted, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do what it suggests.
I dont have XP pro it is Home edtion, I cannot understand how this error message starts appearing now, I have used the same PC and operating system for two years now.
recap
As i say i had seen this also but cannot carry out the instruction.

MAT ALAN 21:55 24 May 08

there is a location C:\inetpub\AdminScripts or similar..

i'll have a look meself and see what happens...

MAT ALAN 22:08 24 May 08

Nothing to report then!!! cannot find any other resolve apart from recaps which seems to be the simplest way to go...

Hetti 22:15 24 May 08

Can you advise me on how to find properties on website to disable http keep alives or is this too tricky for a novice?

MAT ALAN 22:19 24 May 08

To disable HTTP Keep-Alives

1.In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, expand the Web Sites folder, right-click the Web site, and click Properties.

2.On the Web Site tab, in the Connections section, click the disable HTTP Keep-Alives check box.

3.Click Apply, and then click OK.

Hetti 22:19 24 May 08

Also I see some pay for software that says it will correct this problem, any idea if it works?

Hetti 22:25 24 May 08

I will get back here tomorrow.

MAT ALAN 22:26 24 May 08

Big price to pay if it doesn't...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…