Error Getting Twain Data Source

Taff36 14:26 28 Jul 05

Packard Bell 1200 Plus Scanner on a Packard Bell system. XP Home. The scanner will work by going into the scanner panel, scanning and then it opens up U-Lead`s Photo Express. Saves OK. Then going to acquire in Photo Express brings up the error message above.

Similarly If I go to start>my pictures and under picture tasks go to "get pictures from scanner or camera" I get the error message "Cannot detect scanner or camera"

I have downloaded the latest driver and patch from here click here and the patch from here click here Still only able to scan from the PB panel. Any thoughts?

Greengage 17:15 28 Jul 05

A shot in the dark - only because I have been suffering similar problems with my scanner today when scanner refused to "open" and a message told me I needed Twain_32dll which I already had. After much mucking about, with many subsequent crashes of PC, I was about to remove the hardware, drivers etc and re-install but I thought about removing the plug, wait 20 secs and then replace. Problem now solved. It might work for you!

Taff36 01:58 29 Jul 05

Yep! Tried that. No Joy! It`s a USB scanner i.e. no seperate power supply. I eventually loaded the same drivers on my laptop and it didn`t work on that. Borrowed a BenQ (powered) scanner and installed that on the original PC - that worked fine.

Conclusion - Scanner is kna.......! It`s 3 years old and according to PC World not covered under the system warranty. Bought as a £1300 media package with 5 years warranty at £365 extra and not covered? Apparently only the system box is covered, the monitor and printer are also not covered. Don`t do themselves any favours do they.

Thanks for the response anyway. One depressed (ex) PC World Customer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…