Error crerating a movie

JACC 23:44 22 Aug 03

I've just installed MUVEE autoProducer and now i find the software won't create a movie and says that there is an Internal Error Please try again,and if i go to view the thing i get an error box saying
MUVEEAPP caused an invalid page fault in module DIVXAF.AX at 0167:017818ca . I hope you can help me with this .

MichelleC 08:52 23 Aug 03

I'm not familiar with the prog, but it sounds like there's a conflict with either DirectX (have you got the latest v?) or DivX codec.

jazzypop 09:01 23 Aug 03

Seems like it's the DivX codec ( that's the culprit.

It is recommended to rename it - see click here

jazzypop 09:02 23 Aug 03

As confirmed by the second-to last response at click here

JACC 12:06 23 Aug 03

I'm sorry jazzypop , i don't quite understand what it is your telling me.I'm using W98se,and have got DX9 downloaded .I'm knew to changing things in the pc but will try if can talk me through it.

jazzypop 17:23 23 Aug 03

No problem.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer.

Then hit the + sign next to the C: drive, then the Windows folder, then the System folder. Click once on the System folder (in the left-hand pane), and you should see the contents of that folder listed in the right-hand pane.

Find a file called

Right-click on the file, and select the Rename option. Type divxaf.old to rename the file.

Restart the PC, and you should find that the problem you were having has disappeared.

JACC 22:38 26 Aug 03

Thankyou jazzpop,
you are an absolute star my friend.You're advice worked a treat,thankyou once again.
p.s. keep logging in, i'm sure i'll have need of your knowledge again .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…