1. do you want live messenger? if not uninstall from add remove programs in control panel (maybe listed under live essentials)
2. delete the host file windows will make another anyway (without messenger entries if uninstalled.
3. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
4. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
5. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll then click OK
and do the same for the following: