error code 80072EE7

bobbybluenose 10:22 05 May 08

i resently ran a repair on xp, and since doing so i got this error gode pop up 80072EE7 ,whilst searching for windows updates,i have tried searching for a solution click here but can not find the host file on hdd C or hdd D ,should i just reinstall xp or can anyone advise me on how to search for he host file , i have tried run search files and folders in C snd D where i typed in host sam this file is sometimes called this according to windows online assisted support.

gengiscant 14:04 05 May 08

Try this.
click here

skidzy 19:27 05 May 08

Bobby,try this;

Start / run and type or copy and paste the below

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

And return/enter

Now you should see the Hosts file's.

In particular
Imhosts.sam

If the Hosts file contains a static IP address that is associated with Windows Update or with Microsoft Update, comment the entry by adding the # sign at the beginning of the entry. You can also delete the whole line and save changes to the Hosts file.

From the above link.

mfletch 20:25 05 May 08

You can use this to manage your host file it will even Restore MS Hosts - Restores the hosts file to Microsoft's original hosts file.

click here

mfletch

bobbybluenose 20:39 13 May 08

skidzy soz for delay in replying,pc gone grazy since i done the repair ,just done a restore to get back onto the forum ,Imhost.sam
when trying to open file message saying windows needs to now what programe greated it.

mfletch link not responding

gudgulf 20:49 16 May 08

If you are having problems with Windows upate not working after a repair of XP then read this click here

It explains why it's happening and more importantly offers a fix.

I'll quote the fix for anyone interested:

"If you find that Windows Update refuses to install most patches, you can register its missing DLLs yourself. This can be accomplished by manually entering seven commands (shown in Step 2, below) at a command prompt. If you need to run the fix on multiple machines, it's easiest to use a batch file, as Steps 1 through 5 explain:

Step 1. Open Notepad (or any text editor).

Step 2. Copy and paste the following command lines into the Notepad window (the /s switch runs the commands silently, freeing you from having to press Enter after each line):

regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll

Step 3. Save the file to your desktop, using a .bat or .cmd extension.

Step 4. Double-click the icon of the .bat or .cmd file.

Step 5. A command window will open, run the commands, and then close.

The next time you visit the Windows Update site, you should not have any problem installing the latest patches."

I've done it on a couple of pcs that needed an XP repair and it works a treat....unlike the solution offered by Microsoft!

bobbybluenose 21:51 16 May 08

gudgulf, thanks you have solved the problem machine running fine, i don't think ill rush into doing a repair again cheers bbn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…