Error Code: 0x80200010 cannot be found on MS sites

Brumas 23:56 27 Jul 05

Having read Stalion's earlier posting re. 'for automatic updates for XP' I duly went through the process. They confirmed that I have automatic updates enabled and,having searched for any new updates I am informed that I should download the following:-
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)

I try to download them both but they fail and on examining the Update History I am told of installation failures on both with Error Code: 0x80200010 . I try, by following their prompts to decipher the error message but I find lots of error messages but not the one I want !
Also on checking the Update History I find out, of the 38 updates listed 37 have been cancelled. I haven't to my knowledge cancelled anything, any observations/help couched in simple terms would be appreciated, thank you.

SANTOS7 00:05 28 Jul 05

Error 0x80200010 relates to a network card issue. Have you reinstalled the network card drivers and verified internet connectivity prior to running automatic updates?
If this statement does not apply.
click here
which came from the link scroll down to bottom of page,it may help..

Brumas 16:04 28 Jul 05

I am still experiencing the same problem. I followed the link supplied by SANTOS7 and as I do not have a network scrolled to the bottom of the page. I'm afraid it was far too technical for me however I did manage to download and run the Windows XP support tool so my Windows is/has been authenticated - but I still cannot download my original updates and why have all the earlier downloads been cancelled?
All this is giving me an headache, blooming computers!!! Sorry about that let-off of steam, I only wish everything to do with computers and their inherent problems and subsequent solutions were more understandable to me.

Brumas 22:45 28 Jul 05

I googled the error message and one of the links told me it was down to my Panda Internet Security suite 2005 and it needed a hotfix from a spanish site.
It seems to have done the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…