error code 0x7C8024F0

JohnM. 14:08 31 Dec 08

Windows XP.

During the course of closing down the following error message appears, it does not seem to effect the running of the computer but is annoying.

"Error 0x7C8024F0 access violation at 0x00030F04 tried to write to process kernel"

Done all the usual things no info anywhere.

JohnM.

recap 15:31 31 Dec 08

Check the Event Viewer for any errors relating to this and post the ID and Source.

recap 19:01 01 Jan 09

"Thank you for your answer. Not being sure how to find the area within Event Viewer mentioned. I made a search for Event Viewer. The following message came up. "Application Error 0x7C911760 referenced memory at 0x00000001. The memory could not be "read". Unless there is an easy answer I think I will leave well alone. Thank You."

To find Event Viewer open the Control Panel/Adminastrative tools/Event Viewer. Click in System and look in the right hand window for the error. Post back the ID Number and Source.

At the moment all I can find on the error from your email is for the Warcraft game. The ID and Source may help further.

Please post in the forum.

JohnM. 13:35 02 Jan 09

I have gone into Admin Tools - this dialogue box is empty? I did find event viewer through using Help.

The following errors appeared every day for the last month.
Service Control Mgr. 7024
ditto 7000
DOCM 10016.

One or two others appear but these are random.
As for "warcraft" I wouldn't know how to play any game!!

JohnM.

recap 20:43 03 Jan 09

Sorry for the delay JohnM in getting back to you.

click here and download the free utility. I have just installed it and tried it out without any problems. If you are not too sure about using this utility I would suggest you do a back up first as a precaution.

It may help you with your problem.

brundle 21:08 03 Jan 09

Links to Regcure which isn't free, and registry cleaners are mostly snake-oil when it comes to fixing specific errors.

Error 7024; click here

and

click here

Not all `errors` you see in the Event Viewer will be important or detrimental to the running of your PC.

System restore to a point before it started happening?

Run a chkdsk, run a full antivirus/antispyware scan. click here

Your original error message can originate from almost any program on the PC;
If it keeps happening, get Process Explorer, wait until the error appears, drag the target icon from Process Explorer to the error box and release the mouse button to pinpoint the process responsible. click here

JohnM. 13:33 04 Jan 09

I use RegCure at least once a week - but it does not seem to cure this problem. I have run "chkdsk" will see if this is successful.

Will now consider resolved, thanks for all the help.

JohnM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…