ERROR: can't find the file "flash.ocx"

Elmo68 18:33 03 Jan 07

Could anyone please help me earlier today when I logged on I recieved any automatic update pop-up for flashplayer and just instinctively click install update.
But ever since then I now get an ERROR window come up after I've been on for about 2-3 mins with the message...can't find the file "flash.ocx"
I can click the OK button and it will go away for a while but keeps coming back after a short time.

Has anyone else had the same update come up and do you get this error window pop-up better still can you help me get rid of the error message please I'd be most grateful.
Cheers Steve.

VoG II 18:39 03 Jan 07

Try uninstalling click here then re-installing click here - untick the Yahoo toolbar if you don't want it.

Elmo68 19:50 03 Jan 07

Hello VoG, Thank you very much for your response to my problem.I have tried what you said and uninstalled and reinstalled flashplayer twice once using your links and once without ie: manually via the add and remove program in the control panel but it still comes back unfortunatly could it be meaning something else as flashplayer works fine if it couldn't fined it then surely it wouldn't ????? mine you though it has only started doing it since this update that came up!!!!
Thanks very much for your help may I ask if you have any other ideas???
Kind Regards Steve.

VoG II 20:02 03 Jan 07

Possibly your screensaver? click here

Elmo68 20:30 03 Jan 07

Thank you Thank you Thank you that has sorted it out I've had to sacrifice the big cat dairies screensaver unfortunatly but never mine it was due changing.
Thank You Very Much VoG for your time and help sorting out my problem.
Kind Regards Steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…