error burning iso image

hugh-265156 16:56 24 Jun 03

hi all.i have win xp home etd.

i fancied trying linux and decided to give knoppix a go,main reason being it runs from a bootable cd.if i like it i was intending on installing it properly.

i downloaded the iso image(700mb) and used veritas record now dx to burn the image to cdr.

im getting a 4-44-00-Internal Target Failure error every time i try to do this.it can happen after 2 megs copied or 6xx megs copied.

tried lowering the speed of the burner to x16 then x4 and still got the error.i have also tried safe mode and different brands of disc and also tried using nero.all fail at some point with this error.

i have set to test and if ok burn.it gets through the test ok.just fails on burning.

i can burn a data cd and music cd no problems.

i downloaded the iso again from a different source and am still getting this error.

had a look on google and as far as i can tell the error is software related.not sure what to do next.windows is up to date and no errors in event viewer.

any ideas folks? many thanks.

hugh-265156 20:47 24 Jun 03

still no joy with the above.tried downloading from yet another source(ntl are gona love me lol!)

i have checked all the cables and reinstalled the burning software and did all the above again.

as above i can bun music cds and data ok.have also tried another iso file(boot cd)and that burnt ok too.

just the knoppix images throwing up the error.

jimv7 20:50 24 Jun 03

Try mandrake 9.1 instead.

muppetmark 20:58 24 Jun 03

Try burning it using Isorecorder I found it excellent

available via click here

about a third way down page

hugh-265156 21:15 24 Jun 03

the reason i want to use knoppix is because it runs from disc

i just want to try it and if i like it then i will think about mandrake or redhat and a proper install etc jimv7 thanks.

will give Isorecorder a whirl and see what happens muppetmark thanks.

hugh-265156 22:13 24 Jun 03

a great little addon.worked a treat.

muppetmark 22:54 24 Jun 03

Hope you find Knoppix fun too !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…