//some 3rd party need geo

Error Box creation

Craig.m 12:39 30 Jul 03

Does anyone know where I can pick up a blank error box from within the windows files. Someone is creating a workbook and needs to get hold of a blank Windows error box to be able to type text into.

The Laptop is a W98SE, not able to connect to the internet and miles from here so getting one off the internet is out of the question. Just thought there may be a blank template that windows uses and then writes to.

Better still, is there a way of producing error messages within windows that would give the required text and such or is that in the programmers area of expertise?

Craig

VoG II 12:53 30 Jul 03

I'm not quite sure what you're after. To display an error message in Excel (I presume?) you would use some VBA code like

MsgBox prompt:="Temp outside range 1 to 100", _
Title:="Data Validation Failure", Buttons:=vbExclamation

If you are trying to get user input from a box you would use something like

Sub InputBoxExample()

Dim cellValue As Variant

reShowInputBox:

cellValue = Application.InputBox("Enter value to go in A3")

If cellValue = False Then

Beep

Exit Sub

ElseIf cellValue = "" Then

Beep

GoTo reShowInputBox

Else

ActiveSheet.Range("A3").Value = cellValue

End If

End Sub

Craig.m 13:16 30 Jul 03

Thanks for the response but the request I have is for the box itself, just the blank box so that it can be placed in a company workbook and text typed in as an example only. It does not need to be a working box, it is for insertion into a word document for illustrative purposes.

Though VBA would be useful it is not applicable - wish I knew some of that at times though.

Craig

Jester2K II 13:25 30 Jul 03

The error box in window is a built in routinue. You'd need to create a program in something like Visual basic to call the routine- its not a user function.

Do you mean you want a picture of a blank box?

Jester2K II 13:29 30 Jul 03

I wrote a progam that allowed you to do exactly what you ask at the end of your thread. Enter details and it'll generate a fake error message for you.

I pulled it and deleted the program after complaints. I'll try and find it on the net though.

Jester2K II 13:35 30 Jul 03

What applications are on this laptop then?

Word, Excel, Access? because these could be used to generate the messages you want.

Craig.m 13:38 30 Jul 03

Yes a picture of a blank box would be useful to have for pasting into the document.

Craig

Craig.m 13:42 30 Jul 03

Have the full MS Office suite on the laptop

Jester2K II 13:42 30 Jul 03

Click the envelope next to my name and send me an e-mail - i'll e-mail back a picture. Tell me what type (Information, Critical Stop, Question etc) and how many lines of text you want to put in it.

Jester2K II 13:44 30 Jul 03

Or use this program click here

Jester2K II 13:49 30 Jul 03

Using MS Access.

Create a new database.

Create a new macro.

Select MsgBox under Action.

Enter the wording in the box below.

Save and run the macro and your message will appear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…