Error bleeps on new motherboard

benoli 17:10 29 Feb 04

I have just tried to upgrade with a new Gigabyte GA-7N400-L motherboard, AMD Athlon XP 2000+ CPU and 2 X 512mb 184pin DIMM 64MX64 DDR PC2700.
Everything started OK I even got into loading the bios, then a long and a short bleep was emitted and a complete shut down. I have tried all of the recomended fault finding in the m/b manual. Memory is ok. Anybody help me please?

powerless 17:14 29 Feb 04

What BIOS?

Probably unseated RAM.

benoli 18:44 29 Feb 04

Bios is Award V6, I have just tried re-seating the ram, still the same problem. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

slimbo51 19:10 29 Feb 04

Award site says only one error code in bios.

1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps, which means it canot access video display.

All other errors are text on screen.

One long, one short - Dram or motherboard problem.

From Motherboard manual:

1 short: System boots successfully

2 short: CMOS setting error

1 long 1 short: DRAM or M/B error

benoli 19:29 29 Feb 04

Any ideas as to what could be the problem with motherboard, faulty?

If you have the old m/b, you could put that back. If the PC boots OK, then, yes, the new Gigabyte would be suspect.

cycoze 20:03 29 Feb 04

worth trying just one stick of memory at a time , then swap and try the other.

benoli 07:53 02 Mar 04

Thanks everybody for your help. I have decided to return the motherboard after trying all of your suggestions to no avail.

Thanks again for all of your help.

benoli 18:51 20 Mar 04

Just to say thanks to everyone who tried to help, the motherboard was faulty. I have replacement under warranty and all running fine.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…