Error 8901000F. No DVD Playback

wossie 00:19 09 Nov 03

I have a NEC 1300A +/- DVD Writer, and bought a HP DVD -R and installed it to try it out. I copied a copied DVD everything fine, now anytime I try to play a DVD I get this:- an internal error has occured, error code 8901000F. I am using Power DVD 4, nVidia 41.09 drivers as the latest ones disable DVD if you have TV out. Anyone elsehad this problem and what is the solution. Thanks, Wossie.

wossie 00:40 09 Nov 03

I am using Power DVD 4, this relates to Power DVD 3 and the initial instalation code input. Power DVD has been installed for months, and I reinstalled it just to see if that cured it, no go. I had a backup H Disk for ghosting, connected it and same error. Any ideas? thanks again. Wossie.

After installing Media Player 9, I found that Power DVD XP 4.0 gave the
error code 8901000F. A search of the Cyberlink web site revealed that the
remedy for this "unknown" error was to uninstall Power DVD, do 2 registry
hacks and reinstall Power DVD and then apply patch 1811. My system is XP
SP-1 with all current critical updates applied. Power DVD was/is my default
player. There were no problems with Power DVD XP/Media Player 8 before
Media Player 9 was installed. With Power DVD re-installed it will now play
copy and pasted from click here

wossie 10:02 09 Nov 03

Hi again, I got on to the Cyberlink site and saw the registry hacks last night. I tried them this morning and they worked perfectly. It was strange as the backup H disk wouldn't play also, and it did when set up initially. Add I have Media player 9 installed (the culprit?) I still have MP9 installed and all is fine. Thanks a million.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…