Error 797 - Urgent help required

TechMad 22:24 05 Apr 03

Earlier today, I was able to access the internet on my own PC. I am running WindowsXP Home Edition. After trying to fit an ACER CD-RW, I now find that when I try to connect to the internet I instantly get Error code 797. This implies that my modem is busy, for what is any ones guess. Further inspection shows that the computer cannot find my "Best Data/Fax modem". It does however try to install a "PCI Simple communications device", but cannot find the drivers, thereby marking the product with the yellow circle and cross. When this card was installed in my Win98 machine it was idenified as a Rockwell 56k Speakerphone HCF. Please help. Once again System restore and the help and support system have failed to help rectify this problem.

AndySD 22:27 05 Apr 03

Let it install the PCI Simple communications device and then Right click on it... choose Properties and then Driver and install the modem driver.

TechMad 13:03 06 Apr 03

Thank you AndySD.

The problem is now resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…