Error 775

peug417 22:07 16 Mar 04

Help!! I have just spent 2 hours setting my friends pc for him Purchased from Tiny .com
Installed with XP Home.
I went to set up their isp btinternet using their previous settings and keep getting the above error message with no attempt to dial out.
It came with supanet which they dont particularly want to use however only supanet would dial out using the modem, so they registered for the free package just to get an isp, The sopanet installed and then the Dial uo number it defaulted to is constantly not recognised. Would i be right in assuming unistalling Supanet would free up IE6 to use tin the normal way??

Eric10 22:19 16 Mar 04

Found this on Google and thought that it may give you some pointers.

Error 775 - The remote computer may be blocking your connection because of a caller ID rule, a scheduling policy that only allows access during specific times, or another setting.

pc moron 22:19 16 Mar 04

Start> Run> type "msconfig" and under startup disable the setting for Supanet.

Also,look in C:/Program Files and rename the folder Supanet to something like NoSupanet.

Reboot and try to configure for BT.

beeuuem 22:57 16 Mar 04

This thread probably won't cheer you upclick here
The response from Time was

Ian - Time
It is true that a number of Time PC systems come with a dedicated supanet optimized modem which is designed for working with supanet. This feature and its advantages are highlighted to the customer before purchase and product information and advertisement state that the modem in these models is dedicated to supanet Internet Access. We are looking at making this more prominent for future ads.
[email protected]

Time Group and Supanet Ltd have worked closely together to develop an advanced technology to provide superior service, faster connection and better connection ratios. This basically means that you get online faster and there are fewer technical and support issues.

It's also worth noting that both the supanet pay-as-you-go and the supanet unmetered packages won Which magazine?s ?Best Buy? awards for their respective product categories.

However, if anyone has got a Time system with an optimised modem and for whatever reason want to use an alternative ISP, then drop me a mail (with name, account no. etc)[email protected] and I'll arrange to have a standard modem sent to you free of charge.

Cheers Ian

peug417 18:50 10 Apr 04

This was overcome by contacting tiny.com and haver the supanet deoptimised. Dont know how it was done as my friend did it over the phone step by step with the helpdesk but she can.t remember what she did

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…