Error 41

Furkin 11:21 07 May 06

Hi all,
I bought a Brother 3820 Multi FUNCTION device in march last year. I've not been happy with it from day one !
1/ can't connect to phone line cos it disables B.Band ???
2/ Can't use line 'loop through' (like I usually do) as this feature is for US users only.
3/ Print quality never been great.
4/ Uses far too much ink with persistant Self Cleaning.
Now I get error 41, which looks like a common fault.
Any ideas on how to fix this please ?
I have read that the print head can be cleaned (!!) How/where do I locate that please ?
I won't be bothering with Brother stuff again, so advice on another Actual FUNCTION Device would be appreciated !
thanks in advance
Furkin

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:35 07 May 06
  Furkin 14:00 07 May 06

Thanks Fruit Bat,

Wow - I didn't realise that it was such a problem. It also seems as if it's been around for years. I know that Brother are trying (!!) but it really is a bad state of affairs.

Oh well,,,,, tomorrow (Monday) I should have contacted Brother & ought to know more !

I won't be buying Brother again.

Furkin

Furkin 07:52 09 May 06

What a surprise ! I had a call from Brother today (Mon 8th) after my e-mail of yesterday. They say that an engineer will be round within 2 days to put on a NEW re-designed Print Head. I thanked him & suggested that he look forward to my further call in a few months with the same problem. He said that the new heads are a complete new design & will fix the problem !

Watch this space - will update a,s,a,p.

-----::-----

Whatever happens,,, I will be looking for an alternative machine.
If I can't get a decent all-in-one,,,, I would consider a Minolta 2400 colour laser & separate scanner/copier,,, & do away with the fax side all together (I can't even plug the damn thing into the phone line anyway,,, so it useless !!)

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Furkin

Furkin 11:12 10 May 06

Update on my dealings with Brother.

I sent Brother an e-mail on Sunday 7th May re Error 41 on my 3820CN. The next day I got a call from them saying that a 3rd party engineer would be with me within 2 days max. Today (Wednesday 10th) at 10-00 a.m I got a call from the engineer who was on his way to me. It’s now 11-00 a.m. - Job done.
I can’t knock the service.
The engineer did say that since Nov 2005 he has been to a couple of addresses on ‘more than one occasion’ to replace the replacements, & that the new printheads are exactly the same as the originals,,,, & that they send the old p.heads back to Brother for refurbishment !!!
My machine is a 14 month old home unit. I have only printed 198 items, but replaced all cartridges 3/4 times. The last lot were non originals – the engineer didn’t say anything about this.
I havn’t been pleased with this machine from the get go,,,, but have put up with it.
The Service this time was great – but I have lost faith in the products.
Cheers all
Furkin

Furkin 19:50 05 Oct 06

oh well,,,,, that didn't last !
Since the new (??) printhead I've lost magenta & yellow printing.
Brother agree that it might be the p.head,,,, but as it's a couple of days out of warranty, they can't send anyone round !
I'v finished with this Company for good.
Now tho', I need to clean the printheade & more importantly, know how to re-set it once its done (hopefully)
Any ideas please ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…