Error 404

colem 21:23 21 Oct 06

Hi, Haven't used this great service for a while, but, I now have a bit of a problem. My boy's Pc (win xp sp2) seems to have picked up somekind of virus or worm. Whenever we type something into google we get a page appear with error 404 in the middle of a brown background, with the time and date in the top right corner, with a little hyperlinked box in the bottom left about an inch square with "hobot.ru" in it. If this is clicked it takes you off to (I presume) a russian site for cameras.
anything you type into google search brings this page up. If you type the full address into the address bar then navigation to the site is seemless.

Any Ideas? I have tried spybot and adware Se to no avail and now am wasteing too much time clutching at straws. Please Help
Thanks

sean-278262 21:30 21 Oct 06

Does the computer have an antivirus? Get AVG free if it doesnt. click here

Alternatively reboot XP from scratch

VoG II 21:34 21 Oct 06

System Restore.

colem 21:56 21 Oct 06

It did have anti virus but has now expired, have tried system restore but no go, I will renew the virus software tomorrow and see if it finds anything, other than that ???

sean-278262 22:02 21 Oct 06

colem read my post again. I am offering you a free alternative.

colem 22:35 21 Oct 06

oops, too much wine, thanks Creature of the night, I will download it and give it a go. Not till tomorrow though as the little one is sleeping. many thanks for your help so far, I will report back tomorrow. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…