error 403 a forbiden IE problem help please

Shamrock7 10:48 18 May 04

hello,

I am using windowsME version 4.90.30000 and Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106IS.

When I've tried to access sites such as Majorgeeks and javacool to download spyware blaster, I get an 'error 403 forbidden Internet explorer' message. I cannot also gain access to the site to download 'stinger'

I've run avg, spybot s&d, adaware6 and all have come up clear. (all have been updated).

Could someone help and explain whats happening and how I get to these sites.

Many thanks,

Hugh

SANTOS7 11:01 18 May 04

click here this should help, good luck

SANTOS7 11:03 18 May 04

click here found this might give more info than first link

bof:) 18:36 18 May 04

bump

Shamrock7 12:16 19 May 04

neighbour came round with floppy disk with stinger on. When copied or ran from 'A' drive got the message..'unknown has caused a error in unknown, unknown will now close. When closed got the following message 'this operation has been cancelled due to the restrictiond in effect on this PC...contact Admin'...there is only me using PC.

Also tried to access Mozilla site and got message saying 'may not have permission due to credentials you have supplied HTTP error 403 Forbidden IE'

This was also the message I got when I attempted to log onto the 'Major geeks' site.

Any help on solving this would be very welcome as I've run out of ideas, and hair!

Hugh

Shamrock7 12:17 19 May 04

bump

christmascracker 22:19 21 May 04

^

SANTOS7 22:27 21 May 04

turn off whatever firewall you are running and try again

gudgulf 22:32 21 May 04

If you have only just started getting these errors then maybe system restore will help.

If not and you have the full me disc then a repair install over the top of the original might be worth considering.

SANTOS7 22:38 21 May 04

click here this may help, have you tried anything from the other links may come down to process of elimination (need feedback to solve your problem)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…