error 39

fullywired23 14:49 16 Nov 05

my friend has e-mailed with the followig problem,he cannot access his Cdrom or his Dvd yet both show in device manager , he gets a error 39 ,"drivers corrupt.yet when he tries to do search for better drivers it says the drivers he has are the latest .can anyone please enlighten me on the problem,any suggestions will be welcome and appreciated

viejo

iambeavis 15:03 16 Nov 05

"The disk is full" according to - click here

Skyver 15:08 16 Nov 05

It may not be related to Roxio in any way on your friend's PC but still worth checking.
click here

fullywired23 15:10 16 Nov 05

Thanks iambeavis

I will have a look at it and let him know

regards viejo

fullywired23 15:17 16 Nov 05

thanks Skyver

I and have also had a look at that page and sent him the addy of it

regards viejo

fullywired23 16:50 16 Nov 05

thanks to all that replied my friend has resolved the issue ,He put in the xp disc and did a repair and now everything is working

much obliged

viejo

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:51 16 Nov 05

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…