Error 259

puma0377 20:47 02 Dec 04

Does anyone know what this is? My monitor display seems to be running a basic mode and when i try to install the driver for my monitor it gives a 259 error. i have a icon setup inf but when i click it the screen goes blank for a few seconds then says "cant find monitor in inf files" I've tried downloading the driver from Samsung as well as the disk it was supplied with, nothing works and games etc wont work. could this be due to the computer crashing amonth ago? its still not working very well.

Gongoozler 21:24 02 Dec 04

Does the solution at the bottom of this page help click here ?

puma0377 22:55 05 Dec 04

Sorry the websites download page is not available. Thanx anyway

Gongoozler 09:29 06 Dec 04

I've summarised the solution given on that site "The Intel 82845G Graphics Controller was missing.
I downloaded it here:
click here"

puma0377 23:02 19 Dec 04

thanks gongoozler
but i have 1.27 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP processor may seem a silly question can i use the link you provided?

Gongoozler 10:03 20 Dec 04

This forum has a discussion about a problem similar to yours, unfortunately resolving it required a reinstallation of Windows.

puma0377 14:09 21 Dec 04

Thanks, it looks like i may have to format my hard drive again, its just not working properly. I havent got any data that is irreplacable so I'll have to start again.

Gongoozler 16:08 21 Dec 04

Sorry, I forgot the link in my last posting click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…