error 1719

jonnyboy1967 18:41 08 Jul 07

Hi i am trying to uninstall a program and keep getting error 1719 message ive gone to windows support and its given me instructions to re-reg windows installer i have followed instructs to the point where it says Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
c. Locate, and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer
d. In the right pane, double-click ImagePath.

this is where i get stuck as there is no imagepath in the right hand pane can anyone help please.

SANTOS7 18:47 08 Jul 07

I have just followed same path and the lines you want appear when you "doubleclick" MSIServer, there is no reason why it shouldn't do the same for you

jonnyboy1967 18:57 08 Jul 07

I have only got HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and when i click on it i get in the right hand pane default REG_SZ and value not set maybe im not in the right place

VoG II 19:02 08 Jul 07

You should be looking at something like click here

birdface 19:04 08 Jul 07

click here Hi Googled ,

jonnyboy1967 19:06 08 Jul 07

found it and in the value data box is C:\WINDOWS\System32\\Msiexec.exe /V is this right like it says because if so then i think i may have a bigger problem

SANTOS7 19:08 08 Jul 07

Then you are NOT expanding the correct path

jonnyboy1967 19:11 08 Jul 07

I've followed it to the letter. Where do you think i could be going wrong ???

VoG II 19:11 08 Jul 07

Mine has the same

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /V

SANTOS7 19:13 08 Jul 07

Mine is the same as VoG™ s so you have the correct path all you need to do now i assume is change the value as suggested...

skidzy 19:15 08 Jul 07

Hi Santos and VoG™

jonnyboy1967 if you are following the correct paths you will have a screen showing more or less exactly as VoG™'s link (screenshot) mine is the same also.

Do you have < ImagePath > showing ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…