error

zak53 22:21 30 Jul 04

could someone please tell me what this means and how do I rectify it

error parsing voucher

VoG II 22:29 30 Jul 04

What are you trying to do when this message appears? Which versions of Windows and the program that you are trying to run?

Rtus 22:29 30 Jul 04

Can we assume ? your downloading some file >then you get message as indicated in this link >

click here

hillybilly 22:29 30 Jul 04

Were you trying to download a file at the time and if so what type, or which File?

zak53 22:36 30 Jul 04

Yes I was trying to download adobe 6.0, I'm using windows xp home edition and i was trying to get pdf files from another site when i tried downloading adobe this message came up

error parsing voucher

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:44 30 Jul 04

When you double-click an Adobe PDF file, the Adobe Download Manager window appears, and the Download Manager returns the error "The download cannot continue. Error parsing voucher."

Solution: Associate PDF files with an Adobe Acrobat product.

To associate a PDF file with an Acrobat product (such as Acrobat 6.0 or Adobe Reader):
1. In Windows Explorer, do one of the following:
Right-click a PDF file (Windows XP, 2000)
Shift+right-click a PDF file (Windows NT, Me)
Click a PDF file to select it, and then Shift+right-click the file (Windows 98)
2. From the pop-up menu, choose Open With (Windows 2000, NT, Me, 98), or choose Open With > Choose Program (Windows XP).
3. In the Open With dialog box, select an Acrobat product from the list.
4. Select Always Use This Program to Open This Type of File (Windows XP) or Always Use This Program to Open Files of This Type (Windows 2000, NT, Me, 98).
5. Click OK.

When you install an Acrobat product, that product becomes associated with the PDF file format. When you double-click a PDF file, the Acrobat product opens and displays the PDF file.

If the PDF file format becomes associated with the Download Manager, the Download Manager opens and attempts to display PDF files when you double-click them. The Download Manager enables you to download products and product updates from the Adobe Web site, but it can't display PDF files.

zak53 22:58 30 Jul 04

thanks for all your help i have tried downloading acrobat as you suggested fruitbat, however another message has come up

checksum error archive is corrupted

does this mean the file or something more sinister

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:04 30 Jul 04

No it means that for some reason(glitch during download) the file is corrupt.

Sorry means another download.

Acrobat reader is very often included free on cover disks.

zak53 23:09 30 Jul 04

thanks for your help fruitbat I'll try again and if I have no success I'll find a cover cd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…