Error 1406 and Code 57e

ianeon 07:32 AM 10 Nov 11

Good morning - I run Windows 7 and Office 2003 - On Tuesday 8th November I tried to install the latest security updates for my Office programme, they wouldn't install and I got the error "CODE 57e" - after trying one or two fixes I uninstalled my Office programme and during re-installing I got the "ERROR 1406" message various times. I can use the programme, other Microsoft updates install OK, but I cannot install the security updates for my Office programme. As I am not fully "computer literate" I am reluctant to try things without help and advice. I did Google the problem and tried various solutions, but all to no avail. Can anyone advise me please - Thank you for your time.

gengiscant 10:11 AM 10 Nov 11

Have a look here: Microsoft

ianeon 10:25 AM 10 Nov 11

gengiscant - thank you for your interest in my problem - I have tried that solution to the best of my ability - but it didn't have any effect.

gengiscant 10:36 AM 10 Nov 11

Why not try to manually install the updates.

First one and second one

ianeon 18:43 PM 10 Nov 11

Thank you - I tried that - but thats when I get the "1406" error and they won't install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know