Error 1327.Invalid Drive:\G

wint 17:46 01 Jun 05

Cleaning up my old laptop, a Dell Latitude with 300Mhz P11 and 196MB RAM running Windows 2000.

When I try & un-install Paint Shop Pro 7 or install MS AntiSpyware I see the message pop up in a box:
Error 1327.Invalid Drive:\G

The laptop has a C drive, D DRIVE (Ghost image which I'd rather not use because of the hassle re-setting the network)and a CD ROM. I did have a virtual CD installed which I only used for a short time as it was slow and unintuitive. I un-installed it several months ago. I assume that's what the error is pointing to?

I have successfully installed and un-installed other software.

Any ideas how I can rectify this?

Joe R 17:51 01 Jun 05
  wint 18:10 01 Jun 05

Thanks Joe R but that link refers to Win NT I am using Win 2000 which doesn't appear to have Disk Administrator. I have looked in Control Panel but can't find a utility which does the same as Disk Admin in NT.

Any more thoughts?

wint 19:00 02 Jun 05

Also had a play with tweakui (for 2000) but can't see anything useful there. Any further ideas please?

I am giving the laptop to my daughter and want to set up auto update on MS Spyware prog (she will forget to update despite reminders!)

VoG II 19:03 02 Jun 05
  wint 19:07 02 Jun 05

Blimey that was quick VoG™

I have said it before but I don't know how you find these useful links. I spent ages doing searches and didn't find this one.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

wint 16:30 11 Jun 05

I copied the install programme to the desktop and it installed without a glitch!

I did look at disk administration but as there have not been any changes there was nothing to revert to.

Thanks for the input though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…