error 126

tarren 15:24 11 Mar 07

Hi,

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing or corrupt, or the wrong version.

File rt170-bpl, error 126".

How do I stop this message appearing every

time time I open up.

I have done a search but cannot find an answer to the above. I would be very grateful for any assistance.

tarren

WXP SP1. A SR has not helped.

birdface 16:18 11 Mar 07

You might find something in here,click here

birdface 16:28 11 Mar 07

click here many different ones to look at,All different maybe you might find something in one of them.

tarren 17:21 11 Mar 07

Hi buteman, and thank you for your response.

I looked at the first option but the replies are a bit too technical for this old un I'm afrid.

It would appear that I would have to modify the registry (unless I've read it wrong) and to be honest I have'nt a clue where to begin.

Unfortunetly the second linkie hasn't worked.

tarren.

birdface 19:12 11 Mar 07

Sorry about that,There are that many error 126s that I dont know the right one for you,have a look here,click here

birdface 19:15 11 Mar 07

Dont use the top half of the pages,They are usually cash ones,You have to buy the product normally,Go for the bottom sections.

birdface 21:00 12 Mar 07

Have looked about,Cant find a lot about it,If you have recently deleted Spyware Doctor,This might help.click here

birdface 21:03 12 Mar 07
  birdface 21:07 12 Mar 07

Sorry I could not be of more help,But that is all that I could find,I would have thought that someone out there may have been able to point you in the right direction.Hope you are able to get it sorted.

tarren 06:28 13 Mar 07

Hello buteman,

I am extremely grateful for all your help, although as yet have had no luck removing error 126, you have given me links which hopefully will provide me with the tools to remove it.
If I am eventually successful I will let you know.

Thank you once again for your time and effort.

tarren.

tarren 12:59 13 Mar 07

Buteman, your a genius,I did a search and discovered I had in fact installed Spywaredoctor, and done an uninstall via add and remove. The programme apparently requires one to uninstall from it's own file.
I reinstalled and would you adam and eve it, no 126.

A massive thank you from one very grateful old un.

tarren.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…