Error 112

n4165si 13:32 21 Feb 08

I have tried to open items in an email sent by PC Adviser but i get a balloon that comes up with,

Setup is unable to locate layout file
C\Docume~\-------\ Mydoc~\Layout.Bin which is needed to complete the Installation
Can someone advise please

Technotiger 13:43 21 Feb 08

This error indicates that environment variables that InstallShield needs to unpack an ODBC-ODBC Bridge distribution are set incorrectly and InstallShield cannot find the directory it needs. To correct this problem reset the Environment Variables that point to the two temporary directories. To do this enter Control Panel and double click the System icon. When the System Properties pane has loaded up select the Advanced tab and click into Environment Variables. Select the Environment Variables Temp & Tmp from the System Variables list and change them to point to C:\temp and C:\tmp and make sure these directories exist. Once these have been edited click ok and this will save your new values.

n4165si 14:05 21 Feb 08

Technotiger
I have been into Environment Variables and selected the system variables list and the situation is
Temp C:\ Windows Temp
Tmp C:\ windows Temp
I have not changed anything as i am not sure how to

n4165si 16:19 21 Feb 08

Technotiger
Do you mean i have to type in the Variable box that comes up when you select Temp C:\Windows Temp for example just C:\Temp if so it then asks for a value

Technotiger 16:54 21 Feb 08

Amend those entries by highlighting each in turn and then click on Edit - don't forget to click on ok when done..

"Select the Environment Variables Temp & Tmp from the System Variables list and change them to point to C:\temp and C:\tmp"

n4165si 10:32 22 Feb 08

Technotiger
I have done what you advised ,but it is not making any difference ,I still cannot open any items as before,please advise further
Thank you so far

Technotiger 13:41 22 Feb 08
  Technotiger 13:43 22 Feb 08

Failing that, have you tried replying to the PCA email, explaining your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant