Error 0x800ccc0d

DWANE PYPE 15:53 30 May 05

Unable to access my E-Mails keep getting the following; Account ****mail POP3server: "POP3",Error number:0x800ccc0d:

Have Googled this but most replys refer to O/E,
I have MS Outlook,I have tried some of the Ideas, but to no avail, I have tried switching off AVG,but that did'nt work.

So has anybody any Idea's.

Any help as allways greatly appreciated,

Regards

DP.

Joe R 15:58 30 May 05

click here

this is one to have a look at.

DWANE PYPE 17:44 30 May 05

Thanks for that, Printed it off, but I've no idea how to Configure ZoneAlarm to put the Outlook.exe in Program Control, any idea's,or if any one reading this has done it.

Thanks again.

Regards.

DP.

Joe R 18:08 30 May 05

DWANE PYPE,

open Zonealarm, click on program control, and then click on the "Add" button in the bottom right hand corner, and open up C:/ program files, microsoft outlook and click on the EXE file in the folder.

rawprawn 18:39 30 May 05

Are you with Tiscali? I have had a similar problem for two reasons.
1) If I go into My Account at Tiscali and look at emails this problem occurs,Tiscali tech people are looking at it.
2) When Outlook opens in the morning when I switch on, it is set to auto download emails but if at the same time AVG tries to update I get the problem. However if I then click "Send/Receive" again it's OK.
I have stopped going into my account in Tiscali until they sort the problem.
I resolved my end using System Restore to when it was connecting OK. Good Luck, this problem can be very illusive.

DWANE PYPE 22:19 30 May 05

Joe R

Did that but it made no difference.

rawprawn

Not with with Tiscal, BT, yes, this more illusive than the Scarlet Pimpernel???.

thanks to both of you, I will keep plugging away,I will leave this open for now,and if I crack it I'll let you know.

Regards.
DP.

Totally-braindead 22:22 30 May 05

I had a similar thing when I was on Freeserve, it was a hung up email blocking the system, solution was to go to the Freeserve website and get my email from there. Once that was done it worked normally again. Don't know if it helps but worth a try if you go to the BT website there should be somewhere you can check your emails.

DWANE PYPE 01:18 31 May 05

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. today (Tues)

Regards.

DP.

DWANE PYPE 17:25 31 May 05

Success, Ah! but not with Ms-outlook, after trying every thing to get my E-Mails,but to no avail. I thought, seeing that I use Opera, I will see if I can get them through that, so it took me a few minutes to fill out the account details, pressed the last O.K,then there the were my E-Mails, so now I'll ditch Ms-outlook, and stick with Opera, It's better,faster, and recommend anyone who uses Opera, and still on Ms-outlook to do the same.

So I will never know what the problem was.

Thanks Again,
Regards
DP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…