error 0x0040507

bebo 10:28 02 Oct 06

my mate is get the error 0x80040507 he says he has had it in safe mode but can't do nothing it is not booting up to his cd rom and he does not no how to get in to the bos he says he has tryed all the f keys just wondering if any one can help please.

johndrew 10:55 02 Oct 06

I have Googled the error in an attempt to help but it doesn`t look good I`m afraid. All I found from MS was click here which shows that it is (I think) a corrupt key. My search click here shows a lot of people have experienced this but nobody seems to have a satisfactory answer.

Perhaps someone here has fathomed out a solution.

For the future, the registration key is in WINDOWS/system32 and is file wpa.dbl. I keep a copy on a floppy in case this sort of situation occurs. It saves the need for re-registration.

Hope this helps.

MichelleC 10:55 02 Oct 06

Tell him to try Delete on bootup to get into bios. Also look in Device Manager for a yellow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…