Erroneous disk full message

pienter 19:10 13 Aug 09

Since yesterday, when trying to backup Microsoft Money,I get the message that the current disk is full and that I should insert backup disk 2 so that backup can contimue. The file to be backed up is 30.4 Mb which is compressed to 7 Mb for backup. The destination flash drive has a capacity of 3.71Gb of which only 128 Mb is currently used.. The file in question can be backed up to other drives and the flash drive in question has no problem in accepting other backups. Has anyone had the same experience and does anyone know a solution?

jimv7 19:25 13 Aug 09

Likely the flash drive is formatted to fat32 and as such has a limit of 4gb for a single file.

pienter 21:07 13 Aug 09

Thanks jimv7. The flash drive is indeed formatted to fat32 but the file I am trying to save is only 7 Mb when compressed so surely the single file limit of 4 Gb is irrelevant?

jimv7 21:17 13 Aug 09

Unless the backup file is corrupt.

pienter 21:32 13 Aug 09

But if the file is corrupted why does it satisfactorily back up to other flash drives? It is only this particular file to this particular drive.

woodchip 21:57 13 Aug 09

Don't think it likes compressed files, Try saving it at full size

DieSse 22:56 13 Aug 09

"Don't think it likes compressed files"

Uh??

A file is a file is a file. A file which is "compressed" is no different to any other file - just a string of bits.

Try doing the backup to the hard drive - then copying it to the flash drive.

Maybe Money doesn't quite understand the flash drive, or maybe the flash drive itself is corrupt.

Or maybe it's a U3 drive with a hidden partition, and somehow Money is trying to use the hidden partition, which will be full.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced