Erratic upload from outlook since Orange upgrade

JimLyons 15:14 19 Mar 08

Orange recently migrated my account to an adaptive speed line as part of an unbundling exercise (I live more than 5km from the exchange so only see speeds of 2-3 Mbps).

After the migration, my Belkin G+ MIMO router connected but always hung, after partially loading (this continued even after updating the driver and replacing the box).

Orange sent me a replacement livebox (I could not use the early box as the wireless link could not cope with my computer's distance from the router - hence the Belkin); this was plugged in and configured - it worked. However I am left with the annoying problem that 'Outlook' uploads my mail to the 'smtp' server only erratically (this occurs both with Outlook 2007 on my Vista machine and Outlook 2000 on my XP laptop).

I have hooked into the test connector at the BT entry into the house and the problem remains (although the indicated line speed is 0.5Mbps faster). My Outlook/Orange configuration address is correct on both machines (I only use Outlook on the Vista machine but configured the laptop to see if the problem remained - it did).

I have Mcafee on my Visa machine and Norton on my laptop - the Mcafee email scanner has been de-selected and the firewall on the router set to the lowest level.

Any thoughts please.

Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5