Erratic Scrolling on Wireless Mouse.

pringles57 20 Feb 12

Hi, i purchased a mouse about a month ago and now it seems that the scrolling is acting up...alot. The mouse i bought was the Sandstrom SMWLL11.

When i scroll down with the mouse it will somtimes scroll the wrong direction, somtimes scroll down really far or just not scroll at all. :(

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? I tried contacting Sandstrom but it seems their contact info page has no contact info... http://www.sandstromstyle.com/contact_us.aspx

onthelimit1 21 Feb 12

Try changing the batteries first and make sure there's nothing nearby that could interfere with the signal. If no change, I'd send it back.

Forum Editor 21 Feb 12

This company is part of the Dixons Store group, so I imagine you bought your mouse from PC World, Currys or Dixons.

Whichever one it was, take the mouse back to the store and ask for a replacement -once you've checked the battery, as suggested by onthelimit1

Terry Brown 21 Feb 12

Not directly related, but I had a wireless telephone that I had near my computer and sometimes the phone worked, sometimes not, sometimes the (wireless) modem cut out (stopped sending receiving). I cured the problem by moving the phone away from the computer.

Could you have a similar problem?

Terry

spuds 21 Feb 12

I know nothing about this particular make of mouse, but I have found that if there is a ball, then remove the cover and see if a foreign object is stopping the ball from doing its intended action. Many a time it as been a case of just dusting out a bit of fluff?.

onthelimit1 21 Feb 12

A ball?

My word, spuds - you are living in the Dark Ages!

spuds 21 Feb 12

onthelimit1- "you are living in the Dark Ages" sounds about right.

But not with my old and trusty favourite wireless Packard Bell. Who needs modern technology :O)

Woolwell 21 Feb 12

Is this scrolling problem with the mouse wheel or mouse movement? If the latter then try changing the mouse mat or using it without a mat on a plain sheet of paper. Patterns on mouse mats can cause erratic mice behaviour.

ams4127 21 Feb 12

Try reinstalling the drivers.

pringles57 21 Feb 12

I tried changing the batteries but that didnt help, and there doesnt appear to be anything blocking the signal. I would take it back to pc world but i dont think i still have the original packaging...

Ams4127, it didnt come with any drivers and WoodWell its with the scrolling, not mouse movement.

Also if i do find the packaging i wouldnt need a receipt to return as it's faulty, right?

Woolwell 21 Feb 12

Are you accidentally holding down the middle wheel in the click position?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message