erratic mouse & box displays

robotrob 18:30 17 Aug 05

hi guys, hope u can help. my pc is acting up and despite replacing my ps2 mouse, the problem remains. basically when i've been on the pc surfing or reading office files,whatever. my mouse pointer developes a life of its own and brings up a multitude of window panes. the only way i have to deal with this is to shutdown power and reboot. i use win98se, a amd duron proc.; temp. during reboot is 85 degrees. defrag only poss. in safe mode, and thorough scandisk gives up after 10 attempts. any advice would be appreciated..cheers

Technotiger 18:48 17 Aug 05

Hi, I am no expert but Temperature seems a bit high, check and make sure all fans are working fully and blades are clean. Open side of tower assuming it is a tower, and if you have a portable desk-type fan apply that too. Run Scandisk again, but do not do the thorough scan, just the ordinary scan. Once you have been able to do a scan you should then be able to do the defrag too. If you can get through all that then I would advise a full anti-virus scan and also a scan with Ad-Aware.

Good luck.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…