erratic mouse after upping resolution

rioboy 17:18 27 Feb 03

Built myself a new PC a couple of days ago and installed XP after reading the comments of a lot of people on this site. Very happy with it but have noticed a mouse problem after upping the resolution to 1024 by 728. My specs are K7S6A,2200XP,256 DDR and Radeon 7000 64 Meg Graphics. I have a cordless mouse and keyboard bought from Time(aarggh) a couple of months ago. My previous PC had a bog standard 8 meg graphics and with my 17 inch monitor I had no problems with 1024-728 and 16 bit colour using the same mouse and keyboard. Now, on my current PC at those settings my mouse slows right down and I have to click a couple (or three)times for the PC to respond. If I run at 800/600 I have no problems. Anyone got any ideas please?

froggg 17:43 27 Feb 03

check your mouse settings in control panel,or in software that came with the mouse.check your battery.

rioboy 17:57 27 Feb 03

Cheers frogg but had already done that. Have just decreased resolution to 800/600 and mouse is quick and slick! Can't understand the reasoning why upping the res should have such an adverse effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…