Erratic Mouse!!!

Florio 11:00 10 Nov 08

For two days now, the Trust Optical Wireless Mouse that I use has been playing up (I have an Acer Aspire 5105 laptop, and generally use this mouse rather than the built-in touchpad).
This 'misbehaviour' seems to be limited to those occasions when I'm using Windows components, such as regedit, msconfig etc, and have to choose options from drop-down menus; I scroll down, release the mouse and the menu returns to the beginning, as if there were a spring there. Same thing when I use the bottom scroll bar; if I drag the bar towards the right with the mouse, when I let go of the mouse, the scroll bar returns to the left. I end up having to use the keyboard arrows or the touchpad to choose menu options.
The only real change to my pc, apart from the usual Microsoft updates, has been the removal of Comodo Firewall and AVG antispy ware.
Florio

Sea Urchin 15:31 10 Nov 08

You presumably have a driver disk for the mouse - try loading it again - it should only take a few moments to do.

Pineman100 18:37 10 Nov 08

...have you tried changing the batteries?

My wireless mouse sometimes does unpreictable things when the batteries are close to flat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos