Erratic internet connection

dazzle150 12:42 14 Jun 07

I have a BT Voyager 210 ADSL Router and the makers network card on my Time computer. I frequently lose the Internet light on the router, followed by the ADSL light and obviously the internet connection. BT have checked my line a number of times and say the test is OK. How can I pinpoint the problem i.e. test the router, test the network card in order to sort the problem out. I'm thinking of switching to the Sky
8Mb internet in order to save around £10/month. (I'm a pensioner) Have any forum members any recommendations on this?

A-Nonymous 12:48 14 Jun 07

Havent got Sky so couldnt recommend it but Orange Broadband is what I use and it works fine.

click here

rodriguez 12:57 14 Jun 07

I had Sky when it first came out and it was pretty crap - but it seems to have improved over time. When we first ordered it there was a balls-up, their system wouldn't accept BT's migration code (probably because the guy put it in wrong) so we had to get another one and try again a few days later. Then they changed over the service to Sky before they sent the router so we had no internet (couldn't use the old BT router as you have to use the Sky one to connect). Then the connection would frequently cut off and come come back on sometimes every few hours, sometimes every few minutes and this would usually happen every day.

However it has now settled down and the service overall is quite good. Sometimes the connection drops, but it's usually weeks before it does it and it sometimes slows down to dial up speed, but a restart of the router fixes this. But I suppose these minor issues can be expected considering it's cheaper price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos