Erratic fie associations

Windsor 12:10 20 Sep 10

In the passed, I could associate a file with the correct program to run it. Now I can't.
Can anyone suggest a remedy?

Windsor

northumbria61 16:18 20 Sep 10

I think you may have to provide a bit more information Windsor for sometime to answer this one - ie: what has happened that you can no longer do this - also operating system would help.

A couple of things might have happened. The most likely answer is that you once had a program on your computer that was able to work with this file extension, and now the program is gone. You might have uninstalled the program or deleted it in some other way. Or you could have installed a new program on your computer that supports this file type. New programs often make themselves the default viewer for certain file types. If you later uninstalled the newer program, you might still have a program on your computer that will open the file type, but it is no longer associated with those files because of the newer program that was once installed. To fix this problem, just right-click the file that you want to open, and choose the appropriate program from the Open With choices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…