erratic computer

mick 111 10:53 03 Oct 03

hello can some one help.im running xp pro.i had pc-cillion 2000 but now pc-cillion 2003 i have a firewall on.but my computer is running very erratic .eg, sometimes my cursor shoots all over the screen and my programs freeze.and at the same time program frames shoot up for no reason.this happens if on internet or just pc.i have run virus scan but it comes up with nothing.any ideas would be helpful.thank you.

graham√ 10:56 03 Oct 03

Could be the mouse. Check for fluff, and waggle the cable.

MAJ 11:04 03 Oct 03

As well as checking the mouse, mick 111, I would uninstall PC-Cillin (I always had problems with it and I assume you have the disk to re-install if you wish), and try using AVG click here, it's free with free updates, to see if that cures the problem.

minter 11:06 03 Oct 03

Did you uninstall PC-cillin 2000 before you installed 2003.

I am running same OS and anti-virus with no problems.

Have you installed any other programs that may be causing a conflict?

Try "System Restore" - you can always return it back to present state if no improvement.

mick 111 11:19 03 Oct 03

thanks for help but i have done uninstall on pc-cillion 2000 before install of 2003 in fact i did full format.and installed xp again with sp2 up dates.i have all windows update patches on.including welch and blaster.this was happening before i got pc-cillion could it be a virus in bios.and scan not picking it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…