Errant .tif and .dat files

Channel 20:45 24 Sep 06

Suddenly, after Printer software update,My Photos folder contains errant .dat and .tif files each time after opening HP Image Zone.They open with Image Zone and are blurred copies of .jpg photos.I have between 4 and 45 of them !HP technicians haven't been able to solve it(by email )and have now suggested phoning them.(60p a min.)I have uninstalled and reinstalled, from CD then download, 4 times now without success.Anyone else had this problem and solved it ?I have an HP All-in-one PSC 1315 and Windows XP.I've had no trouble until now- and it was out of warranty in March.

VoG II 20:47 24 Sep 06
  STREETWORK 20:50 24 Sep 06

Can you open the files in an image editor other than HP software?

Channel 22:42 24 Sep 06

It's not a question of renaming files;the original photos are still intact .jpg files.These new files are extra, unwanted, and opening them creates another one.The .dat files open Image Zone with no particular photo.I tried opening them in another program,and these other programs gave an eror message that the file types weren't supported/couldn't open, although they can normally open .tif files.I tried Ulead Photo Explorer last, and the file appeared blank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…