err, where did f drive come from?

MidgetMan 20:05 08 Nov 03

Just booted up my pc (win me/networked) and found I have gained a drive!! last time i switched on I had c, d(dvd)e(cd-rw) now I have also got a f drive.

Nothing new has been installed for ages, only thing I have done is sorted out the problems with my daughters networked pc. When i clik on it it shows no files etc and says invalid disk drive insert disk! what the ?????

Socalled 20:09 08 Nov 03

have you re-installed a card reader for a digital camera or a virtual rom? like what you have with roxio?

MidgetMan 20:18 08 Nov 03

no nothing new installed for ages!! have been having trouble with a networked pc but this is now sorted out, cannot think what it can be, when I right click to look at property's all it says is type unknown, file type raw

james55 22:59 08 Nov 03

I don't know if this helps you, but a raw file is a digital camera format that can only be read by the software supplied.

WebGuy 23:17 08 Nov 03

Have the same problemm. It might be appear after installing some proggram that works with CD/DVD (something like "second Roxio". Still having this problemm (even after uninstalation program). The question is: HOW TO DELETE IT? Please, somebody, help us...

you say you been having trouble with a networked pc. Have you Mapped the drive?

daba 23:41 08 Nov 03

Have you 'mapped' a network drive to the other PC ?

In explorer, go to "Tools-> Disconnect Network Drive", if there aren't any mapped, it will say so

daba 23:42 08 Nov 03

snap

great minds

MidgetMan 12:01 09 Nov 03

Thanks guys for your advice, I know that when I set up the 2 pc network I did not map the drive, have also checked and that is defo not the problem. Also have not got digi cams set up or anything, the extra drive just appeared as if by magic. Just to be on safe side run ad-aware/avg etc but no "odd" things have been installed, been through startup list nowt odd there either.

Spose just one of these things that are sent to torment us!!!

Kitz E Kat 13:14 09 Nov 03

Did you check in the device manager???
It would be iteresting to see what that has to say about the F:\ drive...

If its there you could try disable it and see what happens...

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…