ERGHHHH! The Problems with Video Conversion

pcwhizz 19:40 05 Aug 04

I have divx movies in avi format. I wish to convert these to mpeg2 format or dvd.

I have a dvd player which plays svcds and i think it wud play single mpeg2 files.

i wish somone wud just set this clear for me.

Is there any QUICK solutions to avi to mpeg conversion as im pullin my hair out with my dad not likin my pc on for long periods of time when im not in or asleep and me needing to use my full pc resources when im usin it.

i have a athlon 2500+ barton with 512mb pc2700 ram in a MSI k7n2 m/b. Any simple hardwre upgrades reccomended for noticable results in video conversion?

sorry bout the tone of my post

pcwhizz

Chegs ® 19:58 05 Aug 04

I was using Pinnacle Studio 8 to transfer the video from camera to PC,this saved a hefty wedge in rendering times as I could save the vids as MPEG2 directly.Windows MovieMaker would only let me save them as .AVI or .WMA,then I had to leave the PC on 24 hours to convert it to MPEG2,render it,add titles etc.Studio unfortunately,decided midway thru a batch of video edits to crash to desktop/BSOD as soon as I launched it,so I reverted to MMaker,which monopolises the desktop completely,to finish them off.I have Sonic MyDVD,but haven't used it yet.The MPEG2 files,I use TMPGenc to render and burn to DVD and takes about 1.5 hours to render an MPEG2 file.If Studio would behave,it should take approx 3 hours to get a video rendered/finalised to disc.Any app that can get the video to PC in MPEG2 will save you hours of PC time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…